Welcome to My Blog

My name is Kathy Kamradt. I have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator since 2006. I love to stamp and I love teaching others this fun craft through my classes and workshops. I live in northeast Florida, am married to a wonderful man, have two terriffic children and 5 beautiful grandchildren...4 boys and 1 girl. Life is good! I hope you enjoy my blog. Please feel free to comment. Also, you can contact me at kathystamps@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

INSPIRATION



It's fun to take inspiration from unlikely places...a magazine ad, the fabric design on a favorite dress, etc. I found my inspiration for my card from a rug in the Home Decorators Collection catalog. I used the direct to paper technique using Mellow Moss as my base and then randomly hitting it with Old Olive, Whisper White and Garden Green ink pads. Over that I stamped the swirls from Season of Joy in Whisper White, Always Artichoke and gold.

Not sure how to find inspiration for your cards? Go to splitcoaststampers.com and try the Inspiration Challenge posted there. You'll find it really stretches your creativity.

No comments: